Saturday, March 15, 2008

Mike Hart and Jamar Adams are some really nice guys

Former Michigan Football players Mike Hart and Jamar Adams were at Fanatic U in Garden City today signing autographs, so of course I decided that two hours in the car was absolutely worth meeting the soon-to-be NFL stars.

Since we were advised to come a bit later as to miss the crazy lines that were sure to ensue once the doors were opened, we showed up at about two thirty to the building where the signing was to take place. The lines at this point were only wrapped 3/4 of the way around the entire (decently-sized) building.

I had my dad and brother in line with me, so while they held our position in line, I went into the shop. It was an odd process, by the way. Anyone that was waiting for autographs had to wait in this line that wrapped around the building, however if you wanted to go "browse" in the shop for something to buy, you could be let in without question. Needless to say, I did my fair share of browsing to catch a few glimpses of Hart and Adams.

About an hour and a half after we had arrived, it was our turn to be let into the building where the signings were taking place. Another five minutes in line, and we were standing at the table before Mike and Jamar. An amazing feeling.

Hart was first, and he asked us how we were doing, and we gave him the stuff to sign. He must have noticed the pictures were unique, because he asked about them, and we told him that we took them from the stands at the Purdue game this past October.

HartSigning

Mike Hart at Fanatic U signing pictures of himself for me.

"Yeah, that was the game that ended my season, man." he said as he signed them.

"Not exactly, you still got to send Lloyd out on top", I said. "How must that have felt?"

"It was amazing," he replied with a grin. "It was amazing."

He was just the nicest guy you'll ever meet. Jamar was really cool as well. He was just a laid back guy who was really well-mannered, and he looked you in the eye when you shook his hand an thanked him.

All in all, it was an incredible experience. Easily worth the two hours in the car and another hour and forty five minutes in line. These guys have been my heroes for the last four years, and I just got to shake their hands and talk to them for a minute. Unbelievable.

Something like this really wakes you up in a mostly uneventful off-season in the world of Michigan Football.

I wish the best of luck to both Hart and Adams in their NFL careers, as well as the rest of the Wolverines that will be getting paid to play next season. Do us proud!