Sunday, March 16, 2008

On To The Joe!

I'm posting this now because I'm not on my vacation yet. I should have been landing right about now, but right around noon today I got an email from Skybus, my "hometown airline," that they had canceled my flight. No explanation, no apology, and they won't rebook you on anything other than another one of their flights. And since they have one flight a day to my destination, I'll be short a day on my vacation. But I'm not bitter, just mad at myself for being a cheapskate.

Since I'm sure you're not reading this because you care about my travel difficulties, I am pleased to announce that Michigan swept the series against UNO with a 2-1 win tonight. My sources tell me that Referee Matt Shegos did his best to keep the game close with a never-ending procession of Michigan trips to the penalty box, and Max Paccioretty was ejected for fighting in the second period (which I believe will mean he's out for the next game). Other than that, I have no details about the game because neither the video or audio feeds from mgoblue.com nor the CSTV Gametracker were working. Video clips of the game (though not of the fight) and Red's post-game speech to the team (along with their super-charged version of the Victors) can be found in the "multimedia" section at MGoBlue.com.

Michigan's opponent on Friday remains to be determined. The Notre Dame - Ferris St. and MSU vs. Northern Michigan series are both going to a game three tomorrow night. Miami swept Bowling Green and is also through to the Joe.

No comments: